Friday, April 25, 2008

scrapbooks

so last night at 10 pm amjad remembered he had a scrapbook homework due the following morning.

they were to do a scrapbook of a book they have read.

so he spent two hours doing it. I'm actually surprised he did it all by himself and did not throw a tantrum to have us finish it for him. at one point, I asked him whether the project was really due the following day as syazmi had already gone to bed. but he finished it, and the only thing we had to help him out was to staple the thing together.

and then this afternoon I asked syazmi whether he finished his scrapbook, and he said yes, in school. he said he forgot coz there was no book at home. that almost got him a figurative knock on the head but as it was his birthday today I let that go with just saying that's not true, there are lots of books at home.

a little later the whole story came out. I thought he finished it in school before it was due. it turned out only a handful of them finished the project and the teacher got very mad and after a scolding, they were sent to the library to finish the project.

and then we have syakira who has finished her scrapbook way ahead of the deadline.

and the teachers deal with 40 different personalities daily... phew!

No comments: